Pages

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

more LA Mart display cases

The begining..pale lavender-love this paired with dove grey molding..

The first portion of the molding....


Finished product..natural fabrics with silver and mirrored details. I love the organic elements of the drift wood and the wood carved bird against the modern mirrored chest....


The case lines for the LA Mart were based on trends...
Brights, modern/ethnic and pastel/mirrored- each floor had one design scope.
I wanted to make both case lines to flow with each other so when you got out
of the elevator you were told the story. I have always loved the museum of
natural history in Los Angeles and the display cases of cave men...I love walking into
the dark room and the cases magically became alive each telling its own story.
The cases on these floor sort of remind me of this... dark and full of stories...

No comments:

Post a Comment