Pages

Thursday, September 15, 2011

Who knew?



WHO KNEW...I certainly did not when I signed on to open Forge's store in Lancaster that I would go from retail consultant and merchandiser to a buyer again...and,for men's no less....
I have not been a buyer for menswear in almost 20 years. Once a very long time ago I had three
stores in Fred Segal Santa Monica that I loved very much. I was very young and did pretty much what I wanted. I made a lot of friends, I made a more than a few people pissed off, but most of all I found out what I loved to do and I had the opportunity to learn it in an amazing arena!
There is nothing I would change about my education of the fashion world...nothing. I may have lost it all...but I would change nothing....
So, who knew when this opportunity came up that I would be submerged again in not only what I know like the back of my hand, but also men's and women's apparel buying...
Who knew that I would be nervous my first day back in the showrooms that I once knew, ruled (only because of having a store at Fred Segal) and understood so well...
Who knew?
But, just as riding a bike, it all is coming back....the eye, the verbiage ( and it does have a vocabulary to its own, let me tell ya!) the sizing, the delivery dates and so on and so on...
So, here I sit...scanning sites for new upcoming lines, re learning how to walk the walk and talk
the talk...and you know what, I am loving every minute of it...
WHO KNEW?
xo


No comments:

Post a Comment